They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Friday 24 June 2011

de Molen de Marble!

Tonight I have the absolute pleasure of supping the fantastic Vuur & Vlam from the mighty Marble brewery, made in co-operation with Brouwerij de Molen - a very famous brewery from the Netherlands.

This beer as you will all well know, speaks for itself, and you need to go out and buy a bottle for yourselves! (I may have paid a little more for mine, but it was worth every penny!)

However I will add my two pennies tasting notes just to get you interested, have you not had the pleasure of this beer before.

There's a great evolution in the aroma. At first I was getting sweet apple and candy sugar, this has now mellowed away to a nice lemon/hay sherbet smell which is very inviting.

A very dry and bittering IPA, and be warned, it drinks like a 3% beer, not a 7.2% beer! Quite floral, hints of lemons, orange pith but none of the flavours are too overpowering and in your face - it's a perfectly balanced beer. It's a really refreshing brew, and just what I needed at the end of a long day. I would love to try this side by side with some de Molen fire and flame (if they did one that is, I'm sure they did)

Marble seem to be one of my favourite breweries these days that continue to produce consistent good quality bottled and cask beer. If I ever come across a cask of the stuff, you can be sure that I'll be having a pint! I also love the minimalist but modern design and look of their beers. Truly a diamond in the ruff! (coming from Manchester that is!)

I really should be sipping this beer, being there's 75cl of 7.2% of it, but it's going down quicker than a ship made of colanders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment