They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Beer Snow Cones

Those of you who like to crunch your drinks' ice cubes will know it's fun to eat snow sometimes...

The question of whether or not you should make a beer snow cone is irrelevant. The question is which beer should you use to make it? ...and of course, is there any snow??

With more snow finally here it's time to get on with cutting out card cones again! Just like last year, you should follow the same sort of rules, but this year I've decided to tweak rule two and not go for the strongest tasting beer I can and go for beers which will compliment the snow with their distinctive flavours.

The first one just kind of makes sense...


Take your Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, with it's roasted chocolatey flavours and warming boozy quality and it goes together perfectly with a cone full of snow. Munching on this bad boy as I watch people walking their dogs looking miserable in the cold weather, I can't help but have an overwhelming sense of joy in the face of a bitter January - and it's a beer that did that.

When I was thinking about making some beer snow cones another beer did pop into my head though, and it's one that's featured alongside the Black Chocolate Stout before in my musings...

Time to sweeten things up a bit...


As snow cones are usually a sweet treat, it figures a sweet beer would work well in the mix so I opted for the classic that is Mort Subite Kriek. Not much of the sweetness comes out when poured over the snow but you still get lots of that pleasant cherry taste making it a fine afternoon snack. It's been the best half an hour ever, and it's something I really recommend you try for yourselves!


And if you really wanted to liven things up, considering how well these two beers go together, you could have yourself a half and half....


Make your winter a bit more FUN!

1 comment:

  1. "Beer Snow Cones" ingeniously combines two delights into an unexpected treat. Why Block Games This creative concoction sparks joy and curiosity, reminding us that innovation knows no bounds.

    ReplyDelete