They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Wednesday 30 May 2012

5Day Barley Wine Spree. Day 5

I'm at the end of my 5 days of Barley Wine-ing it up and I've unfortunately fallen at the last hurdle. I had a couple of doozies lined up in the fridge too for a final double feature spectacle, but circumstances have dictated that I shan't be drinking tonight.

If you're out and about tonight, or just drinking leisurely at home, spare a thought for the odd Barley Wine that's not getting drunk this evening. Most will be because some people think it's too warm for that kind of drink. I never really got that. I drink big BWs and Imperial Stouts in the depths of winter to the heights of summer, just the same as I drink Pale Ales in summer and in winter.

My Barley Wines sit alone in the fridge for tonight, untouched and unopened. Crack one open this week won't you? It's an amazing style of beer. You won't regret it I'm sure.

Here's to beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment