Just a short list of some of the things you can try to avoid saying in a specialist off-license, it would make us very happy if you did;
1. - Do you have any deals on?
2. - If I buy 2 bottles of wine do I get one free?
3. - If I buy 4 bottles of this beer will I get a free glass?
4. - Any 2 for 1 deals on? (thanks Threshers)
5. - Is Budvar as good as Budweiser?
6. - Do you have 3ltr bottles of White Lightning?
7. - Can I get discount if I buy 3 of anything?
8. - What's you cheapest largest beer?
9. - What's your cheapest wine?
10. - Is glass wear free? (yes I have actually been asked that!)
11. - Do you do home delivery? (wouldn't be too bad a question if we weren't a corner shop.)
12. - (one of my fav) When asked if you would like a bag, and you would not, the correct answer is "no thank-you" not "no, I'm saving the planet!"....... No you are not saving the planet, not one bit, even a little! If you want to help at all, take a bag and RE-USE IT!
13. - Do you have any wines for under a fiver? (then pay with a £50 note!)
14. - What do you mean your not serving me!?!? you can't tell me how much to drink!!
15. - Is a library card valid I.D?
Like I said, just a short list. Now with my little rant over, the next time you speak to any sales assistant, just remember - there people just like you, so if your nice to them they will be a lot more willing to help you.
Scott Adams - "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
- I kind of disagree, for me it is stupid people asking stupid questions.