They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Friday 17 June 2011

Ridgeside Rocking!

A managed to get through more than a couple of pints of this the other day. It was delicious.

Desert Aire a 4.8% Pale Ale, crammed to the dune peaks with American hops, is a drink that you'd want with you should you ever find yourself stuck in the desert!

It has a perfect orange amber appearance, with what looked like the slightest of hop hazes to begin with, but eventually cleared completely. I never do get much to aromas when it comes to drinking pints, but then again, I don't see many people trying to get aromas from straight sided pint pots - they're not exactly ideal. Besides a few after work pints is all about the taste and not being extra geeky, I need my tulip glass, notepad and armchair for that.

On the first thirst quenching gulp your hit with that O so familiar huge juicy bittering grapefruit and citrus hop flavour. It's a very clean tasting beer. Hints of fresh cut grass, and very dry hay, which in turn makes it quite a dry beer indeed. It's one of those beers you can have three of in the space of an hour - slips down easy indeed!

Once again a beer served in perfect condition from good ol' Arcadia. It was the first pints of the barrel too which was extra nice. I think this is one of Ridgeside's new beers to grace the pumps, and if so, it's a winner with us!

I suppose the best news I've saved for last. I spoke to Simon about a week back about if and when some of their bottled beer might be available for us to sell at Beer Ritz. He was confident that they'd be bottling quite a bit of beer towards the end of July, early August. I do hope that Desert Aire is one of the beers put into bottle. If so I know for a fact I'll be able to sell loads of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment