They Brew it, I sell it, You Drink it... and so do I..

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Ghostie's 2011 Golden Pints

Best UK Draught (Cask or Keg) Beer
Winner: Ilkley Mary Jane
Runner up: Ridgeside Desert Aire

Best UK Bottled or Canned Beer
Winner: Buxton Black Rocks
Runner up: Harviestoun Ola Dubh 12yr

Best Overseas Draught Beer
Winner: Mikkeller Black Imperial Stout
Runner up: Stone Arrogant Bastard

Best Overseas Bottled or Canned Beer
Winner: Dogfish Head 120min IPA
Runner up: Avery Maharaja IPA

Best Overall Beer
Winner: Marble Dobber
Runner up: Hawkshead NZPA

Best Pumpclip or Label
Winner: Black Sheep Imperial Stout
Runner up: Left Hand Fade to Black

Best UK Brewery
Winner: Marble
Runner up: Ilkley

Best Overseas Brewery
Winner: Stone
Runner up: Dogfish Head

Pub/Bar of the Year
Winner: Arcadia
Runner up: The Rake

Beer Festival of the Year
Winner: LS6 Beer Festival
Runner up: GBBF

Supermarket of the Year
Winner: Waitrose
Runner up: Morrisons

Independent Retailer of the Year
Winner: Beer Ritz
Runner up: Bacchanalia

Online Retailer of the Year
Winner: My Brewery Tap
Runner up: Beer Merchants

Best Beer Book or Magazine
Winner: Michael Jackson's Beer Companion
Runner up: Pete Brown's Man Walks into a Pub

Best Beer Blog or Website
Winner: Real Brewing at the Sharp End
Runner up: Rabid About Beer

Best Beer Twitterer
Winner: @broadfordbrewer
Runner up: @Mrfoleys

Best Online Brewery Presence
Winner: Summer Wine Brewery
Runner up: Hardknott

Food and Beer Pairing of the Year
Winner: Punk IPA Cans in Chicken Arse from Dredge
Runner up: Leigh's Roast Potato Fish Pie and Adnam's Spindrift

In 2012 I'd Most Like To:
Brew some beer with Zak Avery whilst drinking a 4 year old bottle of Dogfish Head 120min IPA.

Open Catagory
Biggest Sellout of the Year: Cooking Lager >> We thoroughly miss his postings about raiding supermarkets for cheap lout and spending evenings with his squeeze. Now he's just another beery geek :(

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I may have tweeted a lot. That's two gongs for being a beer geek with a smartphone and far too much spare time.

    Cheers all the same of course....it's nice to be mentioned alongside some fantastic beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilkley Mary Jane rocks! What a delicious beer. Nice list. I love seeing these pass through the blogs - always fascinating reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you are doing a great job. i was looking for this information. i found it on your page its really amazing. I like that information. I am sure that these are your own views. They are really awesome. You are really fantastic. Thanks Why didn’t I think about this? I hear exactly what you’re saying and I’m so happy that I came across your blog. You really know what you’re talking about, and you made me feel like I should learn more about this. Thanks for this; I’m officially a huge fan of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I despair to see Stone and Dogfish at the top of your foreign charts. The only thing that can be done is for you to come to the US stat and see what we can really do with a mash tun. Not that they're terrible beers (though 120 minute is crowding that plate), but they are serial hop abusers with titantic marketing departments. There are far better examples of breweries who really know how to treat a hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Runner up? really? but..but...I'm rubbish! Thanks though buddy! Means a lot that someone enjoys it. I have to say that if I was to do golden pints awards you'd be right up there with the best(helps that you actually have writing talent!)
    Gorecki...thats the charm though, surely? ;).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt - It's awesome and you know it.

    Mark - Mary Jane got the vote because it's the cask ale I've drunk the most of this year.

    Jeff - "serial hop abusers with titanic marketing departments" - why do you think we love em in the UK, that's all we usually get! We all know there are 'better' American brews out there, but we love the big guns because that's what we get.

    Rabid - I'm flattered that you think I have 'writing talent' but your your vote was seriously considered. I always pop into your posts regardless of title and have since the start, you bring a great sense of pub fun which I can really relate too. I think you should do Golden Pints... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA... You got me there RB... Anyhow I heard that CRAFT joint is shit and don't get me started on arcane-ia...

    It'll be me pegging those wine bottles next time blood...

    xx;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... This sounds amazing. I wish you'd come back and give us all sorts of new ideas!

    ReplyDelete